So this is a post purely for fun. Feel free to copy and paste these questions for your own blogs or to ask people you are getting to know. If you resonate with any of these questions or answers, drop me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
Ok! Let’s go!
1. What’s your favorite way to spend a day off?
Sleeping in and then taking my time getting out of bed to read, watch Tik Tok, etc. Then eat an easy breakfast, get a workout in and do more vegging. Honestly I’ve forgotten what a day out and about feels like that doesn’t involve risking your life because of exposure to pandemic people. Check back with me in a year.
2. What type of music are you into?
I really like everything. Seriously. Country music for the storytelling, my 80s Duran Duran and Euro pop, 60s music, 90s Hip Hop, even the stuff my kids listen to that makes me cringe with the bad words.
3. What was the best vacation you ever took and why?
Paris, France. It was a surreal dream come true. I just never thought I’d be there and then my husband arranged for a day touring the beaches of Normandy and the American cemetery. And since I’m a huge history nerd, I was in heaven. Also Paris is one city that lives up to every bit of the hype. Morocco is a close second. Another surreal place. We watched the sunrise over the Atlas mountains in a hot air balloon. I’m so grateful.
4. Where’s the next place on your travel bucket list and why?
Right now anywhere I can fly to. This is going to sound awful, but Poland to visit Auschwitz. Because of my WWII history nerd self. We were actually booked to go last summer. But then you know, global pandemic.
5. What are your hobbies, and how did you get into them?
Reading, baking, creative stuff like blogging and coloring in my adult coloring book. Yup, I have one. All of those things just came upon me. I don’t really remember a definitive moment that got me to start.
6. What was your favorite age growing up?
I was an 80s child. So, 8-12. That was a great era to be a kid/teen. Toys, TV shows, fashion. It really was fun. I think being a teen in the 90s was a bit of let down.
7. Was the last thing you read?
Currently reading Clanland by Sam Heughan and Graham McTavish from Outlander. Obsessed with that show and of course, Scotland is another must-go for me now.
8. Would you say you’re more of an extrovert or an introvert?
My personality tests actually say I come way down the middle and can go either way. But the older I get, I feel more introverted.
9. What’s your favorite ice cream topping?
Whipped cream and something crunchy.
10. What was the last TV show you binge-watched?
OUTLANDER! Highly recommend. I’m now going back to favorite episodes. Ahhh so good.
11. Are you into podcasts or do you only listen to music?
I love a good podcast. I love listening to them when taking or walk or driving, probably even more than music.
12. Do you have a favorite holiday? Why or why not?
I don’t. I’m actually not even all that into Christmas to be honest. I don’t like how hyped you get leading up to one and then the crushing let down and brutal return to routine life when it’s over.
13. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Gosh–I’d get sick of only one food like that. I need variety.
14. Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home?
I prefer watching at home to be honest.
15. What’s your favorite sleeping position?
On my left side.
16. What’s your go-to guilty pleasure?
Watching Tik Tok videos. I’ll never make one though.
17. In the summer, would you rather go to the beach or go camping?
Beach!! All day every day! I’m a water baby and love swimsuits and being in water.
18. What’s your favorite quote from a TV show/movie/book?
“Whats-a happening, hot stuff?” Sixteen Candles–but honestly there are so many gems from that one.
19. How old were you when you had your first celebrity crush, and who was it?
Seven or eight. Bruce Lee when I saw him in Enter the Dragon–was loitering around the big kids.
20. What’s one thing that can instantly make your day better?
A relaxing, soothing massage.
Well, there you have it! I’ll probably do this again from time to time. So post your own questions to me if you want!